Looking to host a charity road race or the next big festival on Jekyll Island? Whatever the occasion, Jekyll Island has the perfect space to host your event. Get started by completing our event application.
Event Evaluation Process
Completed Event Application Package
- Event Application
- Site Plan
- Start Area
- Finish Area
- Tents, Platforms, Stages (location and dimensions of each)
- Amusements Locations
- Generator Locations
- Portable Restroom Locations
- ADA Access
- Application Payment (money orders or credit cards only; no personal checks or cash will be accepted)
- Application Fee: $50
- A Completed Event Application Package must be received and approved no less than six (6) months prior to the event start date. Please submit Completed Event Application Package to Nancy Kring-Rowan via mail or email.
- Online Completed Event Application Packages will be put before the Event Marketing Team for consideration.
- Please allow 7-14 business days for application evaluation.
- Once your application has been evaluated, you will be notified of Jekyll Island Authority’s decision.
- Each accepted event…
- Will be under the guidance of Jekyll Island Authority’s Special Events Team
- Will be assigned an Event Team member as a liaison with the Jekyll Island Authority
- Understanding that every event is unique, the following is a list of items the Jekyll Island Authority (JIA) will require in a meeting initiated by the applicant and set by JIA between the applicant and the following entities, if applicable, three (3) months prior to the event, or the event will be canceled:
- JIA Director of Public Safety
- JIA Superintendent of Facilities
- JIA Superintendent of Roads & Grounds
- JIA Events Manager/Coordinator
- Georgia State Patrol
- Additional attendees as needed
- The following information must be presented at this meeting:
- A complete run-of-show, a schedule of the event from setup to breakdown
- Load-in and out schedules
- A complete list of support equipment your event will bring into the island, such as (but not limited to) rock walls, bounce houses, first aid stations, and port-o-lets.
- Emergency Medical Support – all events must be coordinated through Jekyll Island Fire/EMS
- Certificate of Liability and Endorsement(s)
- ADA Accessibility Plan
- A Sign Permit through the Jekyll Island Authority Code Enforcement Office is required for all event signage
- An Alcohol License is required, if applicable
- You may be required to submit a Security and Safety Plan upon review of application (included crowd control, internal security, venue safety)
- Certification of Crowd Manager for events of 250 people or more
- Refundable Security Deposit for Damages in the amount of $500.00
An accepted application is only good for one event. If this is an annual event, you must apply each year.
Events Operations Manager