- This event has passed.
Seventy-Fifth Street Party
August 6 at 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Presented by the Jekyll Island Beach Village Merchants
Join us on Saturday, August 6 for the Seventy-Fifth Street Party in the Beach Village as we celebrate 75 years of Jekyll Island State Park! We will be closing down the streets and lining them with picnic tables, live entertainment, and crafts for the whole family, including:
– Musical performances by Free Spirits Orchestra & Mason Waters and the Groove All-Stars
– Vintage Car Show
– Bubbles over Georgia- Life-sized bubble entertainment
– Stilt Walking performers by Stilt Fun
– Free vintage photos at the Tin Can Photo Booth by Chic Booth
– Lawn Games on the Village Green
– Selfie stations throughout Beach Village
– Live chalk art demonstrations from artist Wylie Caudill
Arts & Crafts
– Free face painting by Letz Face It
– Make-and-Take turtle-themed pottery from Tinted Tide Art Bus: free for the first 300 participants + available for purchase
– Fresh flower bouquets from Merci Bouquet Flower Truck: free individual carnations for the first 1,000 visitors + available for purchase
Pick up takeout specials from our Beach Village restaurants or visit the retail shops to receive a commemorative gift with purchase! While you are here, join us in celebration of this historic milestone with an unveiling of a new, and first, Jekyll Island mural on the walls of Beach Village!
Do you have any special Jekyll Island memories?
Stop by the Street Party tent and tell us for a free celebration cookie. Your memory might make it into our 75th anniversary time capsule!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I park?
Parking is available at public places surrounding Beach Village including at the Convention Center, Corsair Beach Park, and Great Dunes Beach Park. Beach Village parking will be closed for this event.
What will be available to eat?
Beach Village restaurants will be open and offering take-out menu options to be enjoyed at one of the community picnic tables.
How much does the event cost?
This event is free and open to the public. Please note that some activities may include a fee to participate. Plan accordingly for food and shopping in the Beach Village. Also, Jekyll Island is a State Park and requires an entry fee to enter the island.