Volunteers are the heart and soul of operations at the Georgia Sea Turtle Center. Without these dedicated, generous individuals, staff at the Center would be unable to fulfill their daily duties. Volunteers are regularly needed in three departments at the Center: Education, Gift Shop, and Research.
New applications are not currently being accepted. Please check back later.
Know Before Applying…
All volunteers are responsible for a $25 fee to cover training and background checks.
Volunteers must be at least 16 years old and if they are under the age of 18, they must have parental/guardian consent and may work in our Education Department.
What are the benefits?
- Jekyll Island parking pass
- 10 percent discount in our gift shop
- Reciprocal admissions with GSTC partner facilities
- Training on sea turtle biology, conservation and rehabilitation
- The chance to work with a team of passionate and dedicated individuals
What are the minimum age requirements?
- At least 16 years old (must have parental consent if under 18)
- Must be 18 or older for any research volunteer opportunities
- Volunteers can be any age for our marine debris initiative. If you are under 16 and interested in the marine debris program please email email@example.com
What are the commitment requirements?
- Volunteers are expected to complete at least two shifts per month
- Shifts are typically four hours in length and are scheduled from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. or 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Volunteers must be available for at least three months due to the large time investment to properly train volunteers.
- Volunteers interested in service with our summer Turtle and Nest Walks must complete orientation no later than the February orientation. Volunteers that attend the May orientation will not be eligible to lead turtle walks.
Welcome back! You can access Volgistics below.